Principles of Manual Handling Training Course
Manual handling related injuries are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries.
This half-day Principles of Manual Handling Course is ideal for all employees and gives them the required knowledge of safe manual handling practices, risks posed by unsafe manual handling and how to reduce such risks in the workplace.
This half day Principles of Manual Handling Level 2 training course covers the following:
- What is manual handling?
- Common manual handling injuries;
- Manual handling legislation;
- Responsibilities of the employer and employee;
- Manual handling risk assessments;
- Safe movement principles of manual handling:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Lever system / centre of gravity
- Theory of safe manual handling principles:
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting
- Team lifts
- Manual handling equipment.
Learners are assessed throughout the course by the trainer via question and answer sessions, participation in group exercises and a short multiple choice assessment paper.
On successful completion, learners will receive a nationally regulated Level 2 certificate in Principles of Manual Handling, valid for three years.
Download Leaflet - Principles of Manual Handling
Download Poster - Principles of Manual Handling
Half Day Principles of Manual Handling CourseIndividual Cost
- Excellent tuition by experienced trainers.
- Accredited nationally approved certificate – valid for 3 years.
- Glossy course material.
- Light refreshments – if the course is held on Axis premises.
- Option for the course to be delivered throughout the UK at no additional charge.
- Assessment fees and certification fees included.
Ready to book a course?
Get in touch and one of our trainers will be in contact.