Paediatric First Aid Training Course
Paediatric First Aid Course - Level 3
This 2-day Paediatric First Aid Course meets the criteria set out by the department for education EYFS framework.
The course is aimed at those who are working or looking to work in childcare settings including school teachers, registered childminders and assistants or anyone who wants to learn lifesaving first aid for children and babies.
This 2 day Paediatric First Aid training course covers the following:
- The roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider;
- Assessing a first aid scene;
- Assessing a casualty.
- Manage a child or baby casualty who is unconscious – both breathing and not breathing;
- Perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for child and baby;
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator safely;
- Place an unconscious casualty who is breathing into the recovery position;
- Treat a casualty who is choking;
- Treat a casualty who is bleeding, wounded and or in shock including catastrophic bleeding;
- Manage a casualty who has a muscle, ligament or tendon injury;
- Manage a casualty who has a fracture and/or spinal injury;
- Perform a secondary survey of a casualty;
- Treat a variety of minor injuries commonly found in chilcare settings;
- A wide range of medical conditions including: meningitis, head conditions, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, hot and cold related injuries including febrile convulsions, allergic reactions, poisoning and eye, ear and nose conditions.
Learners are assessed throughout the course through trainer observations on several practical skills, these include:
- CPR and safe use of an AED;
- Recovery position;
- Choking and bleeding;
- Completing a secondary survey and management of fractures assessments.
At the end of the first day, learners will complete a short multiple-choice theory assessment paper where they are required to score 11 out of 15 to pass.
At the end of day two, a further short multiple-choice theory paper is completed where learners are required to score 18 out of 25 to pass.
Candidates should be free from injury or illness that may prevent them from bending, twisting and moving around a simulated casualty on the floor.
On successful completion, learners will receive a Level 3 certificate in Paediatric First Aid at Work, valid for three years
Download Leaflet - Paediatric First Aid
Download Poster - Paediatric First Aid
2 Day Paediatric First Aid CourseIndividual Cost
- Excellent tuition by experienced trainers.
- Accredited nationally approved certificate – valid for 3 years.
- Glossy course material.
- Light refreshments and a buffet lunch – if the course is held on Axis premises.
- Option for the course to be delivered throughout the UK at no additional charge.
- Assessment fees and certification fees included.
Ready to book a course?
Get in touch and one of our trainers will be in contact.