- This qualification will provide you with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions and learn about the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers.
- You will know how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
- The course includes how to recognise and manage stress and understanding the impact of substance abuse.
- You will also learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
This distance learning course will be delivered through a number of face to face webinars with your tutor that last approximately 40 minutes per session and a number of self directed study sessions in between each session, these will be supported by a range of resources including a course manual.
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Through a professional discussion which includes questions and scenarios with the trainer / assessor and evidenced by a recorded video call. Each delegate has a maximum of 60 minutes to complete the assessment.
- On successful completion a nationally accredited certificate will be issued.
- * In addition, the learner will need access to a computer with a reasonable internet connection in order to access the distance learning resources and communicate with the Trainer/Assessor.*
Supervising First Aid for Mental Health - Level 3Individual Cost
- Excellent tuition by experienced trainers.
- Accredited nationally approved certificate – valid for 3 years.
- Material and resources are provided.
- Assessment fees and certification fees included.
Ready to book a course?
Get in touch and one of our trainers will be in contact.