Health and Safety in the Workplace Training Course
It is an employer’s duty (under section 2 of the HASAW act 1974) to provide sufficient information, instruction and training for employees to allow them to work in such a way that does not put themselves or others in danger.
This half-day Health and Safety (H&S) in the Workplace Course is ideal for all employees to provide a basic understanding of health and safety and to help them fulfil their legal duties in the workplace.
This half day Health and Safety in the Workplace Level 1 training course covers the following:
- The roles of the employer and employee in regards to health and safety;
- The importance of health and safety in the workplace;
- Workplace conditions that affect health and safety;
- Health and safety signage;
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and its uses;
- The purpose of first aid provision;
- Reporting incidents and ill health;
- Importance of personal hygiene;
- Common workplace hazards and risks that include:
- Slips, trips and falls, working at height, manual handling, hazardous substances
- Plant, machinery and equipment, electricity, fire, stress
Learners are assessed throughout the course by the trainer via question and answer sessions, participation in group exercises and a short multiple choice assessment paper.
On successful completion, learners will receive a nationally regulated Level 1 certificate in Health and Safety in the Workplace, valid for three years.
Download Leaflet - Health & Safety in the Workplace
Download Poster - Health & Safety in the Workplace
Half Day H&S in the Workplace CourseIndividual Cost
- Excellent tuition by experienced trainers.
- Nationally regulated certificate – valid for 3 years.
- Glossy course material.
- Light refreshments – if the course is held on Axis premises.
- Option for the course to be delivered throughout the UK at no additional charge.
- Assessment fees and certification fees included.
Ready to book a course?
Get in touch and one of our trainers will be in contact.