First Aid at Work Training Course
First Aid at Work Course - Level 3
This fascinating 3 day First Aid at Work course is aimed at anyone who is required to act as a workplace first aider. It expands on the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course by going into more depth on a wide range of other injuries and medical conditions that first aiders may come across in the workplace.
This course is also a great way to increase knowledge in a life saving skill.
This 3 day First Aid at Work training course covers the following:
- The roles and responsibilities of the first aider;
- Assessing a first aid scene;
- Assessing a casualty;
- How to manage a casualty who is unconscious and both breathing and not breathing;
- How to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation;
- How to use an Automated External Defibrillator safely;
- How to place an unconscious casualty who is breathing into the recovery position;
- How to treat a casualty who is choking;
- How to treat a casualty who is bleeding, wounded and or in shock including catastrophic bleeding;
- How to manage a casualty who has a muscle, ligament or tendon injury;
- How to manage a casualty who has a fracture and or spinal injury;
- How to perform a secondary survey of a casualty;
- How to treat a variety of minor injuries commonly found in the workplace;
- A wide range of medical conditions including heart conditions, head conditions, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, hot and cold-related injuries, allergic reactions, poisoning.
Learners are assessed throughout the course through trainer observations on several practical skills. These include:
- CPR and safe use of an AED;
- Recovery position;
- Choking and bleeding;
- Completing a secondary survey and management of fractures assessments.
At the end of the first day, learners will complete a short multiple-choice theory assessment paper where they are required to score 11 out of 15 to pass.
At the end of day three, a further short multiple-choice theory paper is completed where learners are required to score 18 out of 25 to pass.
Candidates should be free from injury or illness that may prevent them from bending, twisting and moving around a simulated casualty on the floor.
On successful completion, learners will receive a Level 3 certificate in First Aid at Work, valid for three years.
For those who have completed the 3-day course, a 2-day refresher course can be taken before the qualification expires. The syllabus is effectively the same as above but over 2 days.
Download Leaflet - First Aid at Work
Download Poster - First Aid at Work
3 Day First Aid at Work CourseIndividual Cost
- Excellent tuition by experienced trainers.
- Accredited nationally approved certificate – valid for 3 years.
- Glossy course material.
- Light refreshments and a buffet lunch – if the course is held on Axis premises.
- Option for the course to be delivered throughout the UK at no additional charge.
- Assessment fees and certification fees included.
2 Day First Aid at Work CourseIndividual Cost
- Same features included in 3 Day First Aid at Work course
Ready to book a course?
Get in touch and one of our trainers will be in contact.